Our Life

Monday, October 16, 2006

Meet Kenny!

Okay, we finally convinced Byron to release his beloved Hoppy. After all, he is a backyard toad. We had no food or water or proper living quarters for it. So if Byron really loved him, he needed to let him go. Somehow a 5 year old doesn't quite grasp that concept.
But instead, mommy took the kids to PetLand and we purchased a hamster, and everything that he needs to be happy in our home.
So far he has been really quite easy to care for. Sleeps almost all day. (found out they are nocturnal). And we sleep on a different level then he does, so we don't hear him when he's awake at night. 1-2 times a day we get him out and put him in his ball so he can roam the house. Byron loves to hold him, although I make him do it close to the cage. I'm scared the little stinker will get loose (the hamster, not Byron) and hide, to never be found again! Daddy didn't like the idea of a hamster, but it was better than a dog in his opinion.
Uncle Josh has the camera, so upon the retun we will take a picture of the new family member. I know you are all dying to see him (or her, since they really can't tell the sex!!) :) :)

2 Comments:

  • I haven't checked in with you in a while, so I missed all the frog drama ;)
    They can't tell the sex of a hamster? Wierd. My kids are desperate for a pet, but we live in a *small* home, and I am afraid it wouldn't work out. We once had a rabbit, which died from pneumonia after being left in his hutch during an unexpected downpour. Squeak will never let me live it down. About once a week she asks something like "mommy, why did you let Milo die?" ouch. I don't think I can do pets for a while. Imagine if it had been a dog!

    By Blogger Little Me, at 9:06 AM  

  • Oh yes, beloved Hoppy, we hope he is happy with his family again! :)
    Letting Hoppy go was the closest thing to having a pet die that we've had so far. With as much as he cried over that, I can't imagine what's going to happen when something happens to Kenny!
    Well if you ever decide to attempt another pet, I do recomend a hamster. Low investment to start,easy to maintain and doesn't take up much space at all. Byron really loves him.

    By Blogger Ben & Misey, at 8:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home